by admin | 21/08/2013 16:25
OK. There are many sensational cheescake recipes from around the world. Connoisseurs will, no doubt have enjoyed baked versus cold, French versus New York cheesecakes and many more as well. Perhaps you are looking for a refreshing change. Why not try this traditional, sensational Aussie cheesecake!
250 grams of reduced fat cream cheese (room temperature)
1 cup of reduced fat condensed milk (room temperature)
juice of two lemons
lemon zest from one lemon
1 cup whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 cups of finely crushed plain sweet biscuit crumbs
2 rounded teaspoons of cocoa powder
2-3 oz of melted butter
1 cup passionfruit pulp
2 rounded teaspoons of gelatin
2 oz of hot water
1. Thoroughly mix biscuit crumbs, sifted cocoa powder and melted butter.
2. Press firmly into the base of greased cheesecake pan.
3. Place in the refrigerator to set whilst preparing the filling.
Plain biscuits can vary in butter content. If you find the base does not form a ball when squeezed in your fist, add a little more melted butter to ensure the base will hold together when cold.
1. In an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until softened and fluffy.
2. Add condensed milk, lemon zest and vanilla essence until well combined.
3. In a separate container, with very clean beaters, whisk the cream until firm peaks form. Set aside.
4. Add the lemon juice to the cream cheese and condensed milk mixture. Beat well. The lemon juice will start to react and cause the mixture to thicken.
5. On a very slow speed beat in the whipped cream until just combined.
6. Pour mixture onto chilled biscuit base.
7. Place cheesecake into the refrigerator for 3 hours to firm up.
1. Dissolve the gelatin powder in the hot water according to manufacturer’s directions.
2. Mix dissolved gelatin into passionfruit pulp and place in the refrigerator in a small bowl.
3. When nearly set, but still pourable, pour passionfruit and gelatin mixture over the chilled cheesecase.
4. Return to the refrigerator and chill several hours before serving.
Source URL: http://recipesden.com/passionfruit-cheesecake-delight/
Copyright ©2018 Recipes Den best place to find what you need for cooking unless otherwise noted.